Welcome!!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you find this blog helpful. It started with small idea about saving a little money by a do-it-yourself way. As I've discovered in some of my travels, most do-it-yourself ideas are, in fact eco-friendly. These are my experiements and my thoughts on the matter.

I took the above picture at the beach near Bodega Bay. I love water. It's beautiful, and it has so many metaphors for our lives. While one drop does not make a huge difference to us, many drops can form an ocean, that has the power to wash the very footprints we leave right before our eyes.

Hopefully, together, we can become so many that we will be able to wash some of our carbon footprints away.

Namaste,

Chelle }}i{{

Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy Arbor Day!!!

Well, to all, Happy, Happy Arbor Day!!!  Our actual tree planting will probably have to wait till next week.  The weather this week here has been VERY non-compliant!

We had horrible winds that up rooted even the mightiests of trees in my city.  Which, our city doesn't have a lot of big ol' trees.  So, this Arbor Day is very significant to us.  It will probably end up being an Arbor week, perhaps even a little longer do to everything.

I am posting the link for the Arbor Day Foundation.  Check it out, they have tons of stuff!  Try something this year...plant something indeginous to your area!  It should be mighty fun with some cultural significance!!!  This link is a good way to tell you what grows well in your area.  Just type in your zip code!!  :-)

And also, in light of the disaterous oil spill off the guld coast, send your thoughts, prayers, healing vibes, if you can, even some money or yourself to help out this area.  This is going to hurt people, animals and, well just all of nature.  It's a fragile ecosystem.

As of right now, I can't find any links for support for this horrid event.  If any of you find anything, let me know!!!  I'll post as soon as I can!!!

And the last thing...don't forget to name your tree!!!!  :-)

Chelle }}i{{

No comments:

Post a Comment